Crafted by former Department of Labor Investigator, David Donaldson, the Fiduciary Worksheet Toolkit features quality guides and insight to get you and your retirement plan on track!
- Sample DOL Document Request - 44 Questions: Questions you should be ready to answer for a Department of Labor Interview. These questions will help you be prepared and organized.
- Delinquent Contribution Worksheet: The timeliness of participant deferrals is critical and can be a potential red flag. Use this worksheet to keep on track and correct errors.
- Missing Participant Worksheet: Department of Labor participant complaints can often be attributed to Missing Participants. This guide will help you track down and document Missing Participants in your plan.
- Retirement Plan Committee Review Checklist: Establishing a retirement plan committee is a prudent starting point for any fiduciary looking to improve plan compliance and outcomes. What should the committee discuss? Use this checklist for review during your next retirement plan committee meeting
- Plan Asset Reconciliation Worksheet: It is critical to ensure that all money sent to the plan was credited to the plan. Unfortunately, errors occur and often numbers are transposed throwing the asset reconciliation off balance. This worksheet will help you ensure all the money is in the plan and check on your service providers.
Appropriate for any ERISA Covered Retirement Plan!
Note: For sample purposes only. Fiduciary Education and ERISA SMART does not take any fiduciary liability by providing this tool/worksheet. A committee will want to establish review and planning procedures unique to their plan.
David Donaldson serves as the President and CEO of ERISA Smart. Previously he was a Senior Investigator for the U.S. Department of Labor where his responsibilities included conducting and coordinating investigations of major inter-jurisdictional or national employee benefit plans, service providers, investment advisors, investment managers and trust departments. In addition, David was responsible for developing and presenting training for other investigators regarding plan investments, investment advisors and conflicts of interest.
David is a frequent speaker at national events on ERISA and retirement plan best practices. He also is an expert witness and was recognized as one of the top 100 most influential people in defined contribution. David’s experiences and 17 years of working with retirement plans provide him with a unique perspective unmatched in the industry.